1. Whycouldn’t I communicate with other team members?
Firstly, please confirm that the channelfrequency and the CTCSS/DCS you are using are the same as
those of your teammembers. If the channel frequency and the CTCSS/DCS are the same, please
verifythat your team members are within the radio coverage.
2. How toprogram my radio to communicate with others?
Firstly, set your radio to the samefrequency as others, Secondly, set the same CDCSS/CTCSS and
band, and then youcan talk with each other.
3. What arethe differences between a long antenna and short? Which one is better?
The short antenna has convenient-design,and easy to carry. Long antenna covers wider
communication range. So the choiceall depends on the environment and personal favorite
4. How longis the communication distance of your radios?
The communicate distance would bedisturbed by factors of Environment, Weather, and Power:
(1) Environment: If you use it around highbuildings and large mansions, the communication range is
(2) Weather: If you use the radio on a rainyday, the radio performance may be poor.
(3) Power: If the power of the radio isvery low, you have a poor communicate distance.
5. How to usethe radio correctly while talking?
Hold the radio in a vertical position andkeep about 2-5 centimeters distance with the radio
6. When theradio is dropped into water, what shall I do?
Take the radio out of the water as quickas possible and remove the battery as quick as possible.
Swing the water out ofradio and put the radio at the place where the ventilation is good so that the
radio be dried quickly. At last but not least, return the radio to your Cignusauthorized dealer or Cignus
service center for maintenance as early aspossible.
7. Why doesthe radio communication distance become shorter than before?
Please check the antenna and make sure itis good. Also please check the antenna socket is not
loosened or damaged. Ifso, please return the radio to your Cignus authorized dealer or Cignus
servicecenter for maintenance.
8. What issignaling?
It is for controlling communications.Itincludes 5TONE、2TONE、MDC、DTMF
9. Pleasekindly explain what are 5TONE、2TONE、DTMF?
5 TONE：A kind of signaling comprising 3 groups ofsignaling, each of which has five or more
continuous audio signals. It canrealize multiple functions such as Selective Call, Kill, Revive and etc.
2 TONE：A signaling comprising 2 kinds of audiosignals, it can realize multiple functions such as
Selective Call, Group Calland etc.
Dual Tone Multiple Frequency： Atype of signaling between telephone handsets and the switch in the
telephonesystem, which is used to send the called number
10. What isselective call?
Selective Call：A calling method that allows the callingparty to select the specific called party.
Group Call：A call initiated to a group of members.